Travel Information: Resort Update
RESORT UPDATE | March 16, 2020
After careful consideration and for the health and well-being of our associates and guests, the Inn at Bay Harbor and Cottages at Bay Harbor are temporarily ceasing resort operations due to the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak and in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus. The closure is in place through at least April 13.
Hotel guests will be departing by checkout at 11am on Tuesday, March 17, and the resort will fully shutdown at that time.
If you have lodging reservations in the next few weeks, please know that our representatives will be working diligently to contact you to refund or reschedule your stay. If you would like to contact us with any questions or concerns, please call 833.218.4315 between the hours of 8am-6pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to seeing you soon and making memories later this spring, summer, and beyond!
COVID-19 CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND OPERATIONAL CHANGES
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization's statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health department. The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance, and we are taking the following actions and precautions for your safety:
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resort's health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates - and their own health, safety and knowledge - are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we're supporting them:
· Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It's important for their health and that of our guests. We are enforcing frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
• Ongoing Training and Etiquette: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, associates are also being provided real-time COVID-19 awareness training, and training on proper health etiquette.
• Feeling Ill: Associates are encouraged to stay home if they feel ill or are taking care of an ill family member. Inn at Bay Harbor has also implemented a COVID-19 sick pay policy.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols that are effective against viruses, including:
· Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
• Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
• Back of House: In the spaces where associates work "behind the scenes," we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices.
Operational Changes: Our resort has implemented changes to our daily resort operations in order to minimize the spread of illness, including:
· Food Service: We have halted buffet service, and will only be serving off the menu for breakfast in The Sagamore Room
• Transportation Services: We have suspended valet parking and shuttle service
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Michael Costello, President and General Manager
Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection